Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling
BS, Texas Tech University, 2003; MABC, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2006; PhD, University of North Texas, 2010
In addition to her teaching responsibilities at DTS, Dr. Thacker maintains a small private practice in which she specializes with children and adolescents and supervises LPCInterns. Dr. Thacker’s clinical experience includes working as an inpatient program therapist for the Minirth Christian Program, serving on a mobile crisis outreach team conducting suicide risk assessments, working as a church counselor, and conducting child and adolescent psychoeducational assessments. Dr. Thacker is a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Board Approved Supervisor, a Registered Play Therapist, and a Nationally Certified Counselor. She is married to Chad and they have two children, Emerson and Will.
- Thacker, Andi, "Research in counseling: A 10-year review to inform practice." Journal of Counseling and Development Summer 2011, no. 89 (2011). 349-359.
- Teaching areas of Play Therapy
- Filial Therapy
- Human Development
- Integrating Expressive Arts in the Therapeutic Process
- Family activities (married with two children)
- Spending time with family
- Playing the guitar
- Re-finishing old furniture