Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling
BS, Texas Tech University, 2003; MABC, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2006; PhD, University of North Texas, 2010
As a professor in the Biblical counseling department, Dr. Thacker is passionate about teaching counseling students to integrate scripture and psychology and apply those concepts to real life counseling situations. In addition to her teaching responsibilities at DTS, Dr. Thacker maintains a small private practice in which she specializes with children and adolescents and supervises LPC-Interns. Dr. Thacker completed her training with a master's degree in biblical counseling from DTS and a PhD in counselor education and supervision from the University of North Texas. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Board Approved Supervisor, a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, and a Nationally Certified Counselor. Most importantly, she is married to Chad and they have two children, Emerson and Will.
- Thacker, Andi, "Research in counseling: A 10-year review to inform practice." Journal of Counseling and Development Summer 2011, no. 89 (2011). 349-359.
- Teaching areas of Play Therapy
- Filial Therapy
- Human Development
- Integrating Expressive Arts in the Therapeutic Process
- Family activities (married with two children)
- Spending time with family
- Playing the guitar
- Re-finishing old furniture