Bruce W. Fong
Dean of DTS-Houston and Professor of Pastoral Ministries
BS, Western Baptist College, 1973; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1978; PhD, University of Aberdeen, 1993.
Ministering at the intersection of parachurch, pastoral, and academic ministry, Dr. Fong is committed to teaching God’s Word “to anyone and everyone who will lend him an ear.” By serving as the Dean of DTS Houston and Professor of Pastoral Ministries, he is excited to minister to and train the next generation of Christian leaders. Dr. Fong and his wife, Yvonne, have five children (three children plus two in-law children that he and his wife love so much that they are counted as their own). He enjoys the outdoors, spending time with his family, and riding his motorcycle.
- Immediate Obedience: Living Joshua: Slow obedience is no obedience. God desires our immediate compliance to His loving guidance.: Blessed Hope Publishing: 2017
- Real Life: "Determined to discover that each new day is worth living.": CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform: 2013
- SHEPHERD STRONG "Living 1 & 2 Timothy": implementing the study of Scripture into our daily lives: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform: 2013
- The Wall: Jesus Destroyed the Wall of Hostility; His Church Should not Rebuilt It CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform: 2011
- Racial Equality in the Church: A Critique of the Homogeneous Unit Principle: University Press of American: 1996
- “The 1997 Great Commission Handbook” in Why Seminary Makes Sense Berry Publishing Services: 1997
- Fong, Bruce W., "Jesus' Claim 'I am the Bread of Life'." Decision (1999).
- Fong, Bruce W., "Addressing the Issue of Racial Reconciliation According to the Principles of Ephesians 2:11–22"." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (1995).
- Fong, Bruce W., "Review of 'From Text to Sermon: Responsible Use of the New Testament in Preaching'." Evangelical Quarterly 63, no. 1 (1991). 78-81.
- Practical Theology
- Training pastors
- Family time