Benjamin I. Simpson
Assistant Professor of New Testament Studies, Director of Resource Development, DTS-DC
BA, Bryan College, 1998; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2003; PhD, 2011.
Dr. Simpson joined the faculty in 2006 as the registrar. In 2011, he moved to Houston to work with the Houston campus. In 2016, he and his family moved to Washington DC where he continues helping external students complete their degrees while positively influencing their ministries. His research interests include Jesus, the Gospels, and hermeneutics. He is married to Amber and they have two children: Madison and Eli.
- RS101 - Orientation & Research Methods
- NT113 - New Testament Introduction
- NT101 - Elements of Greek
- NT102 - Elements of Greek
- NT104 - Intro to NT Exegesis
- Jesus the God-Man: The Unity and Diversity of the Gospel Portrayals: Baker Academic: 2016
- Recent Research on the Historical Jesus (Recent Research in Biblical Studies): Sheffield Phoenix Press Ltd: 2014
- Gospel exegesis
- Early Christian development
- Historical Jesus Studies
- History of New Testament Interpretation
- Scriptural Intertexuality