C. Gary Barnes
Professor of Biblical Counseling
BS, Cornell University, 1977; MS, Mankato State University, 1978; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1983; EdM, Columbia University, 1991; MPhil, 1994; PhD, 1995.
Dr. Barnes is an ordained minister and a licensed psychologist who specializes in marriage and family research, counseling, and training. After graduating from DTS he served as an assistant pastor for seven years. While in the New York area he was a research project coordinator at NYU Medical Center’s Family Studies Clinic and later completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship through Parkland Hospital (Dallas) and the Child Guidance Clinics of Dallas and Texoma. His great celebrations of life are his wife, four adult kids plus three more by marriage, seven grandkids, and bicycle racing.
- BC101 - Pastoral Counseling
- BC102 - Psychology and Theological Foundations
- BC235 - Social and Cultural Foundations
- BC245 - Appraisal and Assessment Techniques
- BC265 - Marital Enrichment
- BC280 - Group Counseling
- BC295 - Premarital Counseling
- BC305 - Counseling Practicum I
- CE505-4 - Research and Assessment
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- DM605 - Selected Topics of Nurture Issues in Today's Ministry
- DM615 - Advanced Pastoral Psychology and Counseling
- Barnes, C. Gary and Stanley, S., "Christian PREP: The Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program." Marriage & Family: A Christian Journal 7 (2006). 63-76.
- Barnes, C. Gary and Stanley, S., "A Marriage Made in Heaven: How the Significance of Marriage Can be Taught." Issues in Christian Education 38, no. 3 (2004). 20-25.
- Barnes, C. Gary, "Stopping the Burnout Progression." The Commentary: Association of Evangelical Ministers Quarterly 1, no. 3 (2002).
- Barnes, C. Gary, "Use Conflict as a Catalyst: Communication in Marriage." Kindred Spirit 23, no. 2 (1999).
- Barnes, C. Gary, "Can Biblical Counseling and Psychological Counseling Somehow Fit Together?”." Kindred Spirit 22, no. 4 (1998).
- Integration of theology and psychology
- Marriage & family
- Human sexuality
- Bicycle racing
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?