Jay E. Smith
Professor of New Testament Studies
BS, Bowling Green State University, 1982; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1989; PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, 1996.
Various forms of ministry in the local church complement Dr. Smith’s role as a teacher in the New Testament department. He has a special interest in the apostle Paul’s letters and New Testament theology. He regularly contributes to leading academic journals and several professional societies. His current teaching and research interests include 1 Corinthians and Paul’s sexual ethics.
- NT101 - Elements of Greek
- NT102 - Elements of Greek 2
- NT104 - Introduction to New Testament Exegesis
- NT335 - 1 Corinthians
- NT415 - The New Testament and Sexual Ethics
- BS1002 - New Testament Backgrounds
- NT1001 - History of New Testament
- NT1002 - New Testament Theology
- NT2020 - Seminar in the Theology of Paul
- NT2035 - Seminar on the Apocalyptic Genre
- “Sentence Diagramming, Clausal Layouts, and Exegetical Outlining: Tracing the Argument” in Interpreting the New Testament Text: Introduction to the Art and Science of Exegesis Crossway: 2006
- “1 Corinthians” in Bible Knowledge Word Study: Acts–Ephesians Victor: 2006
- Smith, Jay E., "The New Perspective on Paul: A Select and Annotated Bibliography." Criswell Theological Review 3 (2005). 91-111.
- Smith, Jay E., "Another Look at 4Q416 2 ii.21, a Critical Parallel to First Thessalonians 4:4." Catholic Biblical Quarterly 63, no. 3 (2001). 499-504.
- Smith, Jay E., "1 Thessalonians 4:4: Breaking the Impasse." Bulletin for Biblical Research 11, no. 1 (2001). 65-105.
- Smith, Jay E., "Thomas Paine and The Age of Reason’s Attack on the Bible." The Historian 58 (1996). 745-61.
- Smith, Jay E., "Can Fallen Leaders Be Restored to Leadership." Bibliotheca Sacra 151 (1994). 455-480.
- Smith, Jay E., "The Theology of Charles Finney : A System of Self-reformation." Trinity Journal 13, no. 1 (1992). 61-93.
- Pauline literature and theology
- Collecting arrowheads
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?