Mark H. Heinemann
Professor of Educational Ministries and Leadership, Assistant to the Academic Dean for Online Faculty Development
BJ, University of Missouri at Columbia, 1971; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1978; PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, 2003.
Dr. Heinemann and his family were missionaries with Greater Europe Mission for fifteen years, during which time he taught practical theology at the Freie Theologische Akademie in Germany and was a member of the mission’s European field leadership team. He also has served as a pastor and as a staff member with Campus Crusade for Christ. Dr. Heinemann’s research and teaching interests include learning outcomes assessment, theological education, foundations of educational ministry, and discipleship.
- CE101 - Educational Process of the Church
- CE103 - Teaching Process
- CE205 - Small Group Process in Ministry
- CE215 - Teaching in Christian Higher Education
- CE705 - Principles of Discipleship
- CE710 - Practice of Discipleship
- Lightening the Burden of Time - (07/03/2013)
- Respect and Obey - (04/30/2013)
- With Fear and Trembling - (07/13/2011)
- Sacrificial Service - (06/25/2008)
- Key Topics in the Emerging Church (3 of 3) - (04/24/2007)
- Key Topics in the Emerging Church (2 of 3) - (04/17/2007)
- Key Topics in the Emerging Church (1 of 3) - (04/10/2007)
- The Emerging Church Movement (3 of 3) - (06/01/2006)
- The Emerging Church Movement (2 of 3) - (05/31/2006)
- The Emerging Church Movement (1 of 3) - (05/30/2006)
- Facing a Test of Faith - (04/13/2006)
- “Educational Theory and Online Education” in Best Practices for Online Education: A Guide for Christian Higher Education Information Age Publishing: 2012
- “Neo-Thomism” in Evangelical Dictionary of Christian Education Baker: 2001
- “Alcuin” in Evangelical Dictionary of Christian Education Baker: 2001
- "Review of 'Spiritual Formation as if the Church Mattered.'" Christian Education Journal 6, no. 1 (2009). 182-87.
- "Review of 'Conceiving the Christian College.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 165, no. 658 (2008). 252-254.
- "Can We Teach People to Love Each Other? Insights from Theology and Social Science." (2007).
- "Teacher-student interaction and learning in online theological education. Part IV: Findings and conclusions." Christian Higher Education 6, no. 3 (2007). 185-206.
- "Teacher-student interaction and learning in online theological education. Part III: Methodological approach." Christian Higher Education 5, no. 2 (2006). 161-182.
- "Teacher-student interaction and learning in online theological education. Part II: Additional theoretical frameworks." Christian Higher Education 4, no. 4 (2005). 277-297.
- "Teacher-student interaction and learning in online theological education. Part I: Concepts and concerns." Christian Higher Education 4, no. 3 (2005). 183-209.
- "Philipp Jakob Spener: Educational Ministry Innovator." Christian Education Journal 1, no. 3 (2004). 99-115.
- "An Exposition of Psalm 22." Bibliotheca Sacra 147, no. 587 (1990). 286-308.
- "The Cutting Edge of Teaching." Leadership Summer (1987). 37.
- Learning outcomes assessment
- Web-based distance education
- Christian higher education
- Foundations of educational ministry
- Small group ministry
- Playing with grandchildren