Mark M. Yarbrough
Vice President for Academic Affairs, Academic Dean, Associate Professor of Bible Exposition
BS, Dallas Christian College, 1993; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1996; PhD, 2008.
Dr. Yarbrough serves as Vice President for Academic Affairs, Academic Dean, and Associate Professor of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary. Mark oversees all Seminary activities related to academics and public representation, including overseeing the extension campuses, extension initiatives, and Online Education. His undergraduate degree is from Dallas Christian College, where he was named Valedictorian and received the Delta Epsilon Chi Award. At DTS he was named Who’s Who and was an SCEC scholarship recipient. He received his Th.M. from DTS in 1996, and Ph.D. in 2008.
Mark’s twin passions for the local church and theological education have worked in tandem for over twenty-five years. At Centerpoint Church in Mesquite, TX, he serves on the Executive Committee of the elder board. He has also coauthored and recorded multiple songs/albums and enjoys leading worship. In regard to theological education, he loves the classroom and interacting with students preparing for various ministry endeavors. Mark also enjoys writing and has been published in various magazines, and has written Paul’s Utilization of Preformed Traditions and How to Read the Bible Like a Seminary Professor.
He and his wife,Jennifer, reside in Forney, Texas. The Yarbrough’s enjoy meeting fellow Christ-followers and have many opportunities to do so, as Mark frequently presents at conferences such as Horn Creek, Mount Hermon, Word of Life, and the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. Although on the move and busy with four kids, they enjoy following the Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers—and keeping things full, fun, and festive while serving the Lord.
- BE101 - Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
- BE106 - Acts & Pauline Epistles
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, & Selected Epistles
- BE210 - Advanced Bible Study Methods
- How to Read the Bible Like a Seminary Professor: A Practical and Entertaining Exploration of the World's Most Famous Book: FaithWords: 2015
- Paul's Utilization of Preformed Traditions in 1 Timothy: An Evaluation of the Apostle's Literary, Rhetorical, and Theological Tactics T & T Clark International: 2010
- Paul’s Utilization of Preformed Traditions in 1 Timothy to Combat Counter-Mission Doctrine: Ph.D. Dissertation: 2008
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“Technically Speaking . . .”." Connection, DTS Alumni Publication (2006).
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“When God Doesn’t Heal”." Christianity Today (2004).
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“Isaiah 61:1-2 and the Jubilee Theme in Luke 4:17-21”." Conference presenter at ETS (1999).
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“A Life Well Lived” ." Word and Work (1997).
- New Testament Studies
- Old Testament Narrative
- Church Leadership
- Web-based distance education
- Educational Administration
- Hunting & Fishing
- Anything Outdoors