Chair of Media Arts and Worship, Professor of Media Arts and Worship
B.A., Texas Tech University, 1976; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1981; Th.D., 1988.
Dr. Grant enjoys teaching courses in homiletics, drama, voice, creative writing, and creative radio production. He also serves on the advisory boards for Nest Entertainment and Probe Ministries. Dr. Grant has coauthored several books and has written, produced, and acted for radio, television, theater, and film. Dr. Grant is married to Lauren and they have three children. His research interests include literary critical theory, dramatic theory and praxis, aesthetics, and music theory. His teaching interests include creative writing, preaching, communication, and media arts.
- TODD 310A
- PM103 - Expository Preaching I
- PM104 - Expository Preaching II
- PM721 - Creative Writing in Ministry
- PM722 - Advanced Creative Writing
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- DM450 - Creativity in Preaching
- PM731 - Video Production for Ministry
- PM752 - Reading Scripture to Change Lives
- PM753 - Dramatizing Scripture
- Telling Stories to Touch the Heart: How to Use Stories to Communicate God's Truth: Wipf & Stock Publishers: 2001
- Storm: WaterBrook Press: 2001
- The Power Sermon : Countdown to Quality Messages for Maximum Impact: Baker: 1993
- Ebony Moon: NavPress: 1993
- “The Holy Spirit and the Arts” in Who’s Afraid of the Holy Spirit: An Investigation into the Ministry of the Spirit of God Today? Biblical Studies Press: 2005
- "Review of 'C S Lewis, Poet: the Legacy of His Poetic Impulse.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 161, no. 644 (2004). 505-506.
- "Review of 'Sexual Intimacy in Marriage.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 125-125.
- "Literary Structure in the Book of Ruth." Bibliotheca Sacra 148 (1991). 424-441.
- "Review of 'In the World: Reading and Writing As a Christian.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 146 (1989). 234-235.
- "Review of 'Storytelling in Preaching: A Guide to the Theory and Practice.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 146 (1989). 234-234.
- Literary critical theory
- Dramatic theory and praxis
- Building a dollhouse for my daughter
- Playing guitar