Rodney H. Orr
Department Chair and Associate Professor of World Missions and Intercultural Studies
BS, Purdue University, 1977; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1990; PhD, University of Edinburgh, 1998.
Dr. Orr spent his formative years in Ethiopia and Germany. He served with Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ) for 34 years, 17 of which were overseas. Dr. Orr taught at the Nairobi International School of Theology in Kenya and, serving as executive director, helped build Africa Leadership and Management Academy (ALMA), a graduate school in Zimbabwe. While stateside, his ministry focused on Yale University and United Nations diplomats in New York City. Dr. Orr and his wife, Cortina, have a son who attends Syracuse University and a daughter who is a student at DTS.
- WM101 - Intro to World Missions
- WM210 - Intercultural Communication
- WM215 - Dynamics of Missionary Develop
- WM305 - Ministry in African Contexts
- WM325 - Ministry Multicultural America
- WM525 - Spiritual Warfare
- WM530 - Cross-cultural Apologetics & Worldview Evangelism
- SF245 - MABEL Spiritual Formation
- “The Story of Alma: Diversity in Evangelical Mission Today” in Reflecting God's Glory Together: Diversity in Evangelical Mission William Carey Library: 2011
- “Max Yergan” in Biographical Dictionary of Christian Missions Simon and Schuster: 1997
- “Lewis G. Jordan” in Biographical Dictionary of Christian Missions Simon and Schuster: 1997
- “Landon Napolean Cheek” in Biographical Dictionary of Christian Missions Simon and Schuster: 1997
- Orr, Rodney H., "Knowing the Incomprehensible God." VERITAS 1 (1992). 1-2.
- Missions history
- Teaching Cross-cultural leadership development and Cross-cultural theological education
- Missions in African contexts
- Listening to music
- Family outings