Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling
BS, Texas Tech University, 2003; MABC, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2006; PhD, University of North Texas, 2010
In addition to her teaching responsibilities at DTS, Dr. Thacker maintains a small private practice in which she specializes with children and adolescents and supervises LPC-Interns. Dr. Thacker's clinical experience includes working as an inpatient program therapist for the Minirth Christian Program, serving on a mobile crisis outreach team conducting suicide risk assessments, working as a church counselor, and conducting child and adolescent psychoeducational assessments. Dr. Thacker is a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Board Approved Supervisor, a Registered Play Therapist, and a Nationally Certified Counselor.
- Thacker, Andi, "Research in counseling: A 10-year review to inform practice." Journal of Counseling and Development Summer 2011, no. 89 (2011). 349-359.
- Teaching areas of Play Therapy
- Filial Therapy
- Human Development
- Integrating Expressive Arts in the Therapeutic Process
- Family activities (married with two children)
- Spending time with family
- Playing the guitar
- Re-finishing old furniture