Douglas K. Blount
Professor of Theological Studies
BA, Baylor University, 1986; MA, 1988; MA, University of Notre Dame, 1991; PhD, 1998.
Prior to joining the faculty of Dallas Seminary, Dr. Blount served on the faculties of Criswell College and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. His passions include helping students both to think Christianly and to grow in their commitment to that faith once for all delivered over to the saints. He and his wife, Andrea, have two children, Katie and Andrew.
- Exploring Christian Theology: Creation, Fall, and Salvation: Bethany House Publishers: 2015
- Exploring Christian Theology: The Church, Spiritual Growth, and the End Times: Bethany House Publishers: 2014
- The Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America's Largest Protestant Denomination: Rowman and Littlefield: 2007
- “Rattle and Film: U2, Nietzsche and Salvation in the Blues” in Faith, Film, and Philosophy: Big Ideas on the Big Screen InterVarsity: 2007
- “The Trinity: Is it possible that God be both One and Three?” in The Apologetics Study Bible Holman Bible: 2007
- “Article II: God” in The Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America's Largest Protestant Denomination Rowman and Littlefield: 2007
- “Providence” in Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary Holman Bible Publishers: 2003
- “Wealth and Materialism” in Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary Holman Bible Publishers: 2003
- “Überhobbits: Tolkien, Nietzsche, and the Will to Power” in The Lord of the Rings and Philosophy: One Book to Rule Them All Open Court: 2003
- “On the Incarnation of a Timeless God” in God and Time: Essays on the Divine Nature Oxford University Press: 2002
- “A Mere Christian, and a Baptist Too” in Why I Am A Baptist Holman Bible Publishers: 2001
- “The Authority of Scripture” in Reason for the Hope Within Eerdmans: 1999
- Blount, Douglas K., "Togas, Tulips, and the Philosophy of Openness." Southwestern Journal of Theology 47 (2005). 177-89.
- Blount, Douglas K., "For the Bible Tells Me So: The Rationality of Inerrancy." Areopagus Journal 2 (2002). 21-28.
- Blount, Douglas K., "Apologetics and the Ordinances of the Church." Southwestern Journal of Theology 43 (2001). 68-83.
- Blount, Douglas K., "Swinburne and the Doctrine of Divine Timelessness." Philosophia Christi 2 (2000). 35-52.
- Blount, Douglas K., "Euthanasia, Capital Punishment and Mistakes-Are-Fatal Arguments." Public Affairs Quarterly 10 (1996). 279-90.
Managing Editor, Southwestern Journal of Theology, 2003-2007. Member, Advisory Board, Philosophia Christi, 1998-2003. Issue Editor, Southwestern Journal of Theology, 43:2 (2001).
- Christian Apologetics
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophical Theology
- Theology Proper