Jay L. Sedwick, Jr.
Professor of Christian Education
B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1984; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1989; M.A., Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1996; Ph.D., 2003.
Dr. Sedwick has more than twenty-six years of youth ministry experience, including the presidency of the Virginia Baptist Youth Ministers Association. He has four children, guaranteeing a youth laboratory in his house for years to come. An ordained minister who teaches youth at a large Dallas-area church, Dr. Sedwick is also a popular conference and seminar speaker. His research and teaching interests include legal and financial issues in ministry, youth development, biblical education for youth, and curriculum design.
- CE101 - Educational Process of the Church
- CE103 - Teaching Process
- CE210 - Designing Biblical Instruction
- CE325 - Legal and Financial Issues in Ministry
- CE415 - Church Ministries with Youth
- CE430 - Programming for Youth Ministries
- CE510 - Seminar on Children, Youth,
- CE715 - The Role of the Associate in Ministry
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- Youth ministry
- Legal/financial issues
- Learning theory
- Curriculum design
- Watching my kids play soccer and volleyball