Erik D. Salwen
Assistant Professor of Biblical Counseling
BA, University of Texas at Austin, 1993; MBA, Columbia University, 2002; MABC/MABS, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2011; PhD, Regent University, 2014 (expected).
In addition to his teaching responsibilities at Dallas Seminary, Mr. Salwen is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and the founder of College Station Christian Counseling, PLLC, ministering to the Bryan/College Station area. He has exercised executive leadership in the discipline of counseling across business, educational and church contexts. In the Greater Houston area since 1996, Salwen has consistently sought out opportunities to serve the local community. He currently serves on the board of regents of Texas Southern University. Salwen's ongoing research interests are in the area of church leadership and mental health.
- MAYA 103L
- Teaching areas of Counseling Theories, Methods & Techniques
- Pastoral attitudes toward seeking professional psychological help
- The role of the Holy Spirit in the change process
- Family focus with wife and three children
- Backpacking, camping, & hiking in the mountains