Ronald B. Allen
Senior Professor of Bible Exposition
Diploma, California Lutheran Bible School, 1960; BA, California State University at Los Angeles, 1964; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1968; ThD, 1973; DD, Rocky Mountain Bible College and Seminary, 2009.
In addition to his teaching responsibilities at Dallas Seminary, Dr. Allen ministers as a guest professor or lecturer in schools in North America and in numerous countries abroad. He preaches in churches across the country, speaks at Bible conferences, regularly leads study tours in Israel, Turkey, and Greece, and has been a biblical and theological consultant for Maranatha! Music. He has written a dozen books, was one of the senior editors for The New King James Version, Old Testament, and was the Old Testament editor for both The Nelson Study Bible (aka The NKJV Study Bible) and The Nelson’s New Illustrated Bible Commentary. His ongoing research interests are in the worship of God and in studies of the grace of God in Hebrew Scripture.
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE103 - Old Testament History II and Poetry
- BE104 - Old Testament Prophets
- BE107 - Hebrews, General Epistles, and Revelation
- BE1001 - Analysis of Old Testament Books
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, and Selected Epistles
- BE2006 - Seminar in Torah and the Former Prophets
- BE405 - Exposition of Genesis
- BE410 - The Wisdom Books
- BE415 - The Book of Isaiah
- BS1001 - Old Testament Backgrounds
- Having A Merry Heart - (05/22/2013)
- "Fly, Thought, on Golden Wings" - (09/11/2012)
- Knowledge, Fear, Wisdom - (05/16/2012)
- "Oh How I Love Your Law, O Lord" - (09/07/2011)
- You Need to Know Your Dates! - (05/11/2011)
- Let's Turn That Puppy Over - (08/31/2010)
- The Circle of Prayer - (05/19/2010)
- The Pleasure of God - (09/22/2009)
- Seeking Shelter Under God's Protection - (05/20/2009)
- Lord Remember David! - (02/10/2009)
- Modeling Christ's Humility - (06/11/2008)
- Worship in the Epistle to the Ephesians - (09/04/2007)
- A Song of My Father - (09/06/2006)
- An Old Man's Psalm - (09/06/2005)
- Don't Ask "Where is God?" but "Where are We?" - (01/25/2005)
- Collateral Blessing - (09/03/2003)
- The Wonder of Worship : A New Understanding of the Worship Experience: Word: 2001
- The Majesty of Man : The Dignity of Being Human: Kregel: 2000
- And I Will Praise Him: A Guide to Worship in the Psalms Kregel Academic & Professional: 1999
- Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Commentary: Thomas Nelson: 1999
- Rediscovering Prophecy : A New Song for a New Kingdom: Multnomah: 1986
- Lord of Song : The Messiah Revealed in the Psalms: Multnomah: 1985
- When Song Is New : Understanding the Kingdom in the Psalms: Thomas Nelson: 1983
- Worship, Rediscovering the Missing Jewel: Multnomah: 1982
- Praise! A Matter of Life and Breath: Thomas Nelson: 1980
- God What Is He Like?: Tyndale House Publishers : 1977
- "Worship in the Psalms: Exodus 15 and the Praise of God, Part 1." Reformation & Revival 9, no. 2 (2000). 103-113.
- "Worship in the Psalms: Exodus 15 and the Praise of God, Part 2." Reformation & Revival 9, no. 3 (2000). 109-118.
- "The Messiah in the Old Testament." Bibliotheca Sacra 154 (1997). 497-498.
- "On Paths Less Traveled : Discovering the Savior in Unexpected Places in the Old Testament." Bibliotheca Sacra 153 (1996). 387-395.
- "On Paths Less Traveled : Discovering the Savior in Unexpected Places in the Old Testament." Bibliotheca Sacra 153 (1996). 259-269.
- "On Paths Less Traveled : Discovering the Savior in Unexpected Places in the Old Testament." Bibliotheca Sacra 153 (1996). 131-140.
- "On Paths Less Traveled : Discovering the Savior in Unexpected Places in the Old Testament." Bibliotheca Sacra 153 (1996). 3-11.
- "Elijah the Broken Prophet." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 22 (1979). 193-202.
- "The Old Testament in Contemporary Preaching." Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 17 (1974). 190-191.
- Teaching areas focused on Hebrew Scripture
- Issues of the worship of God
- The grace of God
- Family activities four grown children and ten grandchildren
- Reading - these days lots done on a Kindle
- Love of music - particularly classical opera and 40s big bands
- Road bicycling - including day-long events and week-long treks
- Walking and hiking - including fast walking in full marathons
- Massage therapy—Licensed Massage Therapist certified in several western modalities plus full Thai massage (studied in Chiang Mai Thailand)