Robert P. Lightner
Professor Emeritus of Systematic Theology, Adjunct Professor in Theological Studies
ThB, Baptist Bible Seminary, 1955; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1959; ThD, 1964; MLA, Southern Methodist University, 1972.
Dr. Robert Lightner joined the Dallas Seminary faculty in 1968 after teaching for seven years at Baptist Bible College/Seminary in Johnson City, New York, and also teaches at the Seminary’s extension sites. A professor of all the doctrines of Systematic Theology, Dr. Lightner has authored twenty-four books, most of which are about these doctrines. Since the 1950s he has helped struggling churches and/or ones seeking a pastor by serving as interim pastor thirty-three times at twenty-four churches in Pennsylvania, New York, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Texas. His overseas ministries include work in Venezuela, Peru, Paraguay, and London (Spurgeon’s Tabernacle).
- DM103 - Applied Research Project
- ST102 - Trinitarianism
- ST103 - Angelology, Anthropology, & Hamartiology
- ST104 - Soteriology
- ST105 - Sanctification & Ecclesiology
- ST106 - Eschatology
- Solid Stepping Stones for the Christian Journey: Grace Acres Press: 2011
- Portraits of Jesus in the Gospel of John: Wipf and Stock: 2007
- Truth for the Good Life in the Postmodern World: Wipf & Stock Publishers: 2005
- Last Days Handbook: Revised and Updated: Wipf & Stock Publishers: 2005
- The Epistles of First, Second, & Third John & Jude: Forgiveness, Love, and Courage: AMG Publishers: 2003
- The Epistles of John and Jude (Twenty-First Century Biblical Commentary): AMG Publishers: 2002
- Safe in the Arms of Jesus: God's Provision for the Death of Those Who Cannot Believe: Kregel: 2000
- The Death Christ Died: Kregel Academic & Professional: 1998
- The God of the Bible and Other Gods: Is the Christian God Unique among World Religions?: Kregel: 1998
- A Biblical Case for Total Inerrancy: How Jesus Viewed the Old Testament: Kregel: 1998
- Angels, Satan, and Demons: Invisible Beings That Inhabit the Spiritual World: Word: 1998
- The Last Days Handbook: Thomas Nelson: 1997
- Sin, the Savior, and Salvation: The Theology of Everlasting Life: Kregel: 1996
- Handbook of Evangelical Theology: A Historical, Biblical, and Contemporary Survey and Review: Kregel: 1995
- Manual De Los Postreros Días: Editorial Caribe: 1995
- The Last Days Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Understanding the Different Views of Prophecy, Who Believes What about Prophecy and Why: Thomas Nelson: 1990
- Evangelical Theology: A Survey and Review: Baker: 1986
- God of the Bible: Baker Books: 1985
- James: Apostle of Practical Christianity: Accent Books: 1982
- Neo-Evangelicalism Today: Regular Baptist Press: 1978
- Speaking in Tongues and Divine Healing: Regular Baptist Press: 1978
- Truth for the Good Life: Accent: 1978
- Heaven for Those Who Can't Believe: Regular Baptist Press: 1977
- Prophecy in the Ring: Accent: 1976
- TM: Meditation That Transcends: Accent: 1976
- SPEAKING IN TONGUES and DIVINE HEALING: Regular Baptist Press: 1975
- The first fundamental: God,: T. Nelson: 1973
- Church Union: a Layman's Guide: Regular Baptist Press: 1971
- Neo-evangelicalism today: Regular Baptist Press: 1971
- Triumph through Tragedy: R. Lightner: 1969
- The Death Christ Died, A Biblical Case for Unlimited Atonement: Regular Baptist Press: 1967
- The Saviour and the Scriptures: Presbyterian and Reformed Pub. Co.: 1966
- The Tongues Tide: The Empire State Baptist Fellowship: 1964
- Neo-liberalism: Regular Baptist Press: 1959
- : : 1753
- “Savior’s Sufferings in Life” in Vital Christology Issues: Examining Contemporary and Classic Concerns Wipf & Stock: 2006
- “Consistency from Genesis to Revelation” in Revelation Hoofbeats Xulon: 2003
- “The Epistles of First, Second, and Third John and Jude” in The Twenty-First Century New Testament Commentary AMG: 2002
- “Activities and Names of God” in A Bible Handbook to Revelation Kregel: 2001
- “Finding Hope in Forgiveness” in Hope Grows in Winter Kregel: 2000
- “The Nature and Purpose of the Church” in Fundamentals for the Twenty-First Century, The: Examining the Crucial Issues of the Christian Faith Kregel: 2000
- “So Great Salvation—The Salvation of the Whole Person” in The Christian Educator's Handbook on Spiritual Formation Baker: 1998
- “The Sovereign God and the Sinner” in Basic Theology Applied, A Practical Application of Basic Theology in Honor of Charles C. Ryrie and His Works Victor: 1995
- “Theonomy and Dispensationalism” in Living Ethically in the 90s Victor: 1990
- “Philippians” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary: New Testament Victor: 1983
- “For Whom Did Christ Die?” in Walvoord: A Tribute Moody: 1982
- “Charismatic Movement” in Vital Issues of the Hour in the Light of God’s Word Regular Baptist Press: 1973
- Lightner, Robert P., "Theological Perspectives on Theonomy, Pt 3 : A Dispensational Response to Theonomy." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 228-245.
- Lightner, Robert P., "A Plea to Fellow Fundamentalists." Fundamentalist Journal 5, no. 6 (1986). 14-15.
- Lightner, Robert P., "Theological Perspectives on Theonomy, Pt 2 : Nondispensational Responses to Theonomy." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 134-145.
- Lightner, Robert P., "Theological Perspectives on Theonomy, Pt 1 : Theonomy and Dispensationalism." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 26-36.
- Lightner, Robert P., "A Biblical Perspective on False Doctrine." Bibliotheca Sacra 142 (1985). 16-22.
- Lightner, Robert P., "The Written Word and the Living Word." Fundamentalist Journal 2, no. 5 (1983). 32-33.
- Lightner, Robert P., "The Savior's Sufferings in Life." Bibliotheca Sacra 127 (1970). 26-37.
- Church leadership