Dorian G. Coover-Cox
Associate Professor of Old Testament Studies
B.A., Wheaton College, 1975; M.A.(BS), Dallas Theological Seminary, 1984; Th.M., 1988; Ph.D., 2001.
Dr. Coover-Cox has been a part of DTS as a student, a teacher, and associate editor for Bibliotheca Sacra. Originally she came to the Seminary to become a better editor; she found, however, that what she enjoys most about editing is helping people learn. While still an editor, she has found her niche in the classroom as well, encouraging students as they learn Hebrew. She has special interest in the Book of Exodus and in literary analysis of narratives and poetry.
- OT101 - Elements of Hebrew I
- OT102 - Elements of Hebrew II
- OT103 - Hebrew Exegesis I
- OT104 - Hebrew Exegesis II and Old Testament Introduction
- OT407 - Exegesis of the Book of Exodus
- OT310 - Hebrew Reading
- “Exodus Study Notes” in Holman Christian Standard Study Bible Holman Bible Publishers: 2011
- "The Hardening of Pharaoh’s Heart in Its Literary and Cultural Contexts." Bibliotheca Sacra 163 (2006). 292-311.
- "Review of 'From Exegesis to Exposition: a Practical Guide to Using Biblical Hebrew.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 374-375.
- "Review of 'Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: an Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 154 (1997). 118-120.
- "Review of 'The Dictionary of Classical Hebrew, V 1: Aleph.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 153 (1996). 116-117.
- Hebrew grammar
- Teaching methods for Hebrew