George M. Hillman
Chair of Educational Ministries and Leadership; Associate Professor of Educational Ministries and Leadership
BS, Texas A&M University, 1990; MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1994; PhD, 2004.
Dr. Hillman has a passion for education, spiritual formation, and leadership development. He came to Dallas Theological Seminary with years of ministry experience in churches and parachurch organizations in Texas and Georgia. Nationally known in theological field education, he has been active in leadership of both the Association of Theological Field Education (former member of the Steering Committee) and the Evangelical Association of Theological Field Educators (former two-time co-chair). He and his wife have one daughter.
- FAB 119
- SL105 - Master of Theology Internship
- SL115 - Counseling Ministries Internship
- SL120 - Urban Ministries Internship
- SL125 - Educational Leadership Internship
- SL130 - Academic Ministries Internship
- SL135 - Evangelism and Discipleship Internship
- SL140 - Master of Arts in Cross-cultural Ministries Internship
- SL145 - Women's Ministry Internship
- SL150 - Media Arts Internship
- SL155 - MA/CL Internship
- SL165 - Christian Education Internship
- SL205 - TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Internship
- SL210 - Specialized Internship
- SL335 - Personal Assessment and Ministry Vision
- SL110 - Church Planting Internship
- Preparing for Ministry: A Practical Guide to Theological Field Education: Kregel Academic & Professional: 2008
- Ministry Greenhouse: Cultivating Environments for Practical Learning.: The Alban Institute: 2008
- “Calling and Spiritual Formation” in Foundations of Spiritual Formation Kregel: 2008
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Partnering for Formation in Ministry: A Descriptive Survey of On-Site Field Education Mentoring." Reflective Practice: Formation and Supervision in Ministry , no. 29 (2009).
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Leadership Practices of Non-Traditional Seminary Students." Journal of Research on Christian Education 17, no. 1 (2008). 54-80.
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Finding the Right Fit." Colloquy 17, no. 1 (2008). 32-34.
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Finding the Right Fit: Profiles of Ministry Stage II at Dallas Theological Seminary." Colloquy 17, no. 1 (2008). 32-34.
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Changing Face of Seminarians." Ministry Mentor (2007).
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Leadership Practices and Current Ministry Experiences of Master's Level Seminary Students." Christian Higher Education 5, no. 2 (2006). 141-160.
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "From Passive to Active." Ministry Mentor (2006).
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Two Faces of Courageous Love." Ministry Mentor (2006).
- Hillman, Jr., George M., "Blazing Your Own Trail." Ministry Mentor (2005).
- Leadership Development
- Vocational Calling
- College Football
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?