Michael S. Lawson
Senior Professor of Educational Ministries and Leadership
BBA, University of North Texas, 1965; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1969; PhD, Oklahoma University, 1983.
Dr. Lawson has a devoted twenty-six years to Dallas Seminary and over four decades to pastoral work and Christian education. His active international teaching and preaching schedule has carried him to more than twenty countries throughout Eastern and Western Europe, the Middle-East, Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Dr. Lawson is currently focusing on marriage and family ministry at both the master's and doctoral level.
- CE101 - Educational Process of the Church
- CE102 - History and Philosophy of C.E.
- CE103 - Teaching Process
- CE205 - Small Group Process in Ministry
- CE215 - Teaching in Christian Higher Education
- CE505-1 - Dynamics of a Christian Marriage
- CE505-3 - Dynamics of a Christian Family
- CE515 - Family Life Education
- CE720 - Creativity
- CE2005 - Seminar in Christian Higher Education
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- DM305 - Selected Topics of Christian
- DM315 - Creative Problem-solving
- DM340 - Strategic Resource Development
- DM420 - Creativity in Ministry
- WM405 - Christian Education in Intercultural Contexts
- Grandpa Mike Talks about God: Christian Focus Publications: 2007
- The Christian Educator's Handbook on Children's Ministry : Reaching and Teaching the Next Generation: Baker: 1998
- The Self Guided Church Consultant: Self-published: 1998
- The Complete Handbook for Children's Ministry : How to Reach and Teach the Next Generation from Birth to Age 12: Thomas Nelson: 1993
- Directing Christian Education : The Changing Role of the Christian Education Specialist: Moody: 1992
- “Old Testament Teachings on the Family” in A Theology for Family Ministry B&H Academic: 2011
- “Education in the Epistles” in Evangelical Dictionary of Christian Education Baker Academic: 2001
- “Biblical Foundations for a Philosophy of Teaching” in The Christian Educator’s Handbook on Teaching Baker Books: 2000
- “Teaching in the Community” in The Christian Educator’s Handbook on Teaching Baker Books: 2000
- “Teaching in the Church” in The Christian Educator’s Handbook on Teaching Baker Books: 2000
- “Illustrations of Effective Church Education with Adults” in The Christian Educator’s Handbook on Adult Education Baker Books: 1993
- “Managing the Classroom Experience” in Christian Education: Foundations for the Future Moody Publishers: 1991
- Lawson, Michael S., "Howard G. Hendricks–A Biographical Sketch." Christian Educators of the 20th Century (2009).
- Lawson, Michael S., "Kenneth O. Gangel-A Biographical Sketch." Christian Educators of the 20th Century (2009).
- Lawson, Michael S., "Kenneth O. Gangel: A True Educational Leader." Christian Education Journal 1, no. 2 (2004). 45-53.
- Lawson, Michael S., "Howard Hendricks: A Teacher Who Changes Lives." Christian Education Journal 1, no. 2 (2004). 63-71.
- Lawson, Michael S., "Look Who's Going to Seminary." Christianity Today 41, no. 2 (1997). 104-135.
- Lawson, Michael S., "The Sunday School and the Great Commission." Gospel Herald and The Sunday School Times (1992).
- Lawson, Michael S., "Christian Camping: Decompression for Pressured Kids." Christian Education Today (1987).
- Lawson, Michael S., "NADCE: Building on Its Past, Looking Toward the Future." Christian Education Today (1987).
- Lawson, Michael S., "Disciplining Children at Church." Christian Education Today (1986).
- Lawson, Michael S., "Adult Ministries—An Indirect Approach." Christian Education Today (1985).
- Philosophy and practice of Christian Education
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?