Douglas K. Blount
Professor of Theological Studies
B.A. Baylor University, 1986; M.A., 1988; M.A. University of Notre Dame, 1991; Ph.D. 1998.
Prior to joining the faculty of Dallas Seminary, Dr. Blount served on the faculties of Criswell College and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. His passions include helping students both to think Christianly and to grow in their commitment to that faith once for all delivered over to the saints. He and his wife, Andrea, have two children, Katie and Andrew.
- ST101 - Introduction to Theology
- ST102 - Trinitarianism
- ST600 - Introduction to Logic
- ST615 - Ethics
- ST605 - Apologetics
- ST610 - God and Evil
- ST620 - History of Philosophy
- ST625 - Philosophy of Religion
- The Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America's Largest Protestant Denomination: Rowman and Littlefield: 2007
- “Rattle and Film: U2, Nietzsche and Salvation in the Blues” in Faith, Film, and Philosophy: Big Ideas on the Big Screen InterVarsity: 2007
- “The Trinity: Is it possible that God be both One and Three?” in The Apologetics Study Bible Holman Bible: 2007
- “Article II: God” in The Baptist Faith and Message 2000: Critical Issues in America's Largest Protestant Denomination Rowman and Littlefield: 2007
- “Providence” in Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary Holman Bible Publishers: 2003
- “Wealth and Materialism” in Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary Holman Bible Publishers: 2003
- “Überhobbits: Tolkien, Nietzsche, and the Will to Power” in The Lord of the Rings and Philosophy: One Book to Rule Them All Open Court: 2003
- “On the Incarnation of a Timeless God” in God and Time: Essays on the Divine Nature Oxford University Press: 2002
- “A Mere Christian, and a Baptist Too” in Why I Am A Baptist Holman Bible Publishers: 2001
- “The Authority of Scripture” in Reason for the Hope Within Eerdmans: 1999
- "Togas, Tulips, and the Philosophy of Openness." Southwestern Journal of Theology 47 (2005). 177-89.
- "For the Bible Tells Me So: The Rationality of Inerrancy." Areopagus Journal 2 (2002). 21-28.
- "Review of 'Review of J. P. Moreland, Christianity and the Nature of Science.'" Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 45 (2002). 742-43.
- "Review of 'Review of Gregory A. Boyd, Satan and the Problem of Evil: Constructing a Trinitarian Warfare Theodicy.'" Religious Studies Review 28 (2002). 347.
- "Apologetics and the Ordinances of the Church." Southwestern Journal of Theology 43 (2001). 68-83.
- "Review of 'Review of Stephen T. Davis, ed., Philosophy and Theological Discourse.'" Philosophia Christi 3, no. 2d ser. (2001). 557-59.
- "Review of 'Review of Craig Van Gelder, ed., Confident Witness—Changing World: Rediscovering the Gospel in North America.'" Southwestern Journal of Theology 42 (2000). 115-16.
- "Review of 'Review of Philip Sampson, et al., eds., Faith and Modernity.'" Southwestern Journal of Theology 42 (2000). 116.
- "Swinburne and the Doctrine of Divine Timelessness." Philosophia Christi 2 (2000). 35-52.
- "Review of 'Review of Philip Clayton, God and Contemporary Science.'" Southwestern Journal of Theology 42 (1999). 93-94.
- "Euthanasia, Capital Punishment and Mistakes-Are-Fatal Arguments." Public Affairs Quarterly 10 (1996). 279-90.
- "Review of 'Review of Kelly James Clark, ed., Philosophers Who Believe: The Spiritual Journeys of 11 Leading Thinkers.'" Criswell Theological Review 7 (1993). 134-36.
- "Review of 'Review of Thomas V. Morris, Our Idea of God: An Introduction to Philosophical Theology.'" Criswell Theological Review 6 (1992). 157-58.
Managing Editor, Southwestern Journal of Theology, 2003-2007. Member, Advisory Board, Philosophia Christi, 1998-2003. Issue Editor, Southwestern Journal of Theology, 43:2 (2001).
- Christian Apologetics
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophical Theology
- Theology Proper