Keith D. Yates
Adjunct Professor in Pastoral Ministries, Design Director, Kindred Spirit
B.F.A., Southern Methodist University, 1971; M.A.(BS), Dallas Theological Seminary, 1983.
As director of Creative Services and Publications for Dallas Seminary, Keith Yates oversees advertising and publications such as Kindred Spirit magazine. He has won awards from the International Association of Business Communicators, the Evangelical Press Association, and the Religious Communicators Council, and teaches design courses in the Seminary’s Master of Arts in Media and Communication degree program. His work as an educator also extends to the world of martial arts. Named one of America’s “pioneers” of karate by Inside Karate magazine, Keith, a tenth-degree black belt, combines his faith in Christ with martial arts by serving on the board of directors of the Gospel Martial Arts Union and Chuck Norris’s Kick-Start Foundation.
- Christianity and the Martial Arts: Be Prepared to Make a Defense: AKATO: 2010
- Tae Kwon Do For Kids: Sterling: 1998
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tae Kwon Do: Alpha: 1998
- Korean Karate: Sterling: 1987
- Tae Kwon Do Basics: Sterling: 1987
- Just for kicks: The art of fighting with your feet: Paladin Press: 1987
- Your Body: The Ultimate Lethal Weapon: Paladin Press: 1987
- Warrior Secrets: A Handbook of the Martial Arts: Paladin Press: 1985
- The Complete Book of Taekwon Do Forms: Paladin Press: 1982
- Media and communications
- Publication design
- Board of: American Karate Black Belt Association Gospel Martial Arts Union Kick-Start Foundation American Karate and Taekwondo Organization