Thomas L. Constable
Senior Professor Emeritus of Bible Exposition, Adjunct Professor in Bible Exposition
Diploma, Moody Bible Institute, 1960; BA, Wheaton College, 1962; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1966; ThD, 1969.
Dr. Constable is the founder of Dallas Seminary’s Field Education department (1970) and the Center for Biblical Studies (1973), both of which he directed for many years before assuming other responsibilities. Today Dr. Constable maintains an active academic, pulpit supply, and conference-speaking ministry around the world. He has ministered in nearly three dozen countries and written commentaries on every book of the Bible. Dr. Constable also founded a church, pastored it for twelve years, and has served as one of its elders for over thirty years.
- STEA 115
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE103 - Old Testament History II and Poetry
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE545 - Prayer in Scripture and in the Christian Life
- BE104 - Old Testament Prophets
- BE106 - Acts and Pauline Epistles
- BE107 - Hebrews, General Epistles, and Revelation
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, and Selected Epistles
- DM735 - The Role of Prayer in Ministry
- Thomas Constable's Notes on the Bible: Volume III Job-Song of Solomon (Volume III): Tyndale Seminary Press: 2012
- Thomas Constable's Notes on the Bible: Volume II Joshua-Esther: Tyndale Seminary Press: 2011
- Thomas Constable's Notes on the Bible: Volume I Genesis-Deuteronomy: Tyndale Seminary Press: 2010
- The Lord's Prayer, Giving Ourselves to Prayer: PrayerShop: 2008
- Talking to God: What the Bible Teaches about Prayer: Wipf & Stock Publishers: 2005
- Nelson's New Testament Survey: Discovering the Essence, Background & Meaning About Every New Testament Book : Nelson: 2003
- New Testament Explorer: Thomas Nelson: 1999
- “Notes on Job and the Pastoral Epistles” in Ryrie Study Bible Moody Publishers: 1995
- “A Theology of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth” in A Biblical Theology of the Old Testament Moody Publishers: 1991
- “What Prayer Will and Will Not Change” in Essays in Honor of J. Dwight Pentecost Moody Publishers: 1986
- “Commentaries on 1 and 2 Kings” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary Scripture Press: 1985
- “Commentaries on 1 and 2 Thessalonians ” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary Scripture Press: 1983
- “The Gospel Message” in Walvoord: A Tribute Moody: 1982
- Constable, Thomas L., "Bible Study Notes—2 Corinthians." Kindred Spirit 31, no. 1 (2007).
- Constable, Thomas L., "An Overview of 2 Timothy." Kindred Spirit 27, no. 3 (2003).
- Constable, Thomas L., "Priorities: How Should We Pray for Others." Kindred Spirit 26, no. 2 (2002).
- Constable, Thomas L., "If I Had More Faith Would God Answer My Prayers?." Kindred Spirit 21, no. 4 (1997).
- All 66 books of the Bible