David K. Lowery
Professor of New Testament Studies
BA, The King’s College, 1971; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1975; PhD, University of Aberdeen, 1987; postdoctoral study, Tübingen University.
Dr. Lowery has been involved in church planting for over three decades in Vermont and Texas. This veteran of the faculty has been an associate pastor at a Dallas-area church for more than 20 years. Dr. Lowery is a frequent author in leading journals and magazines and has contributed to the New American Standard Bible and the NET Bible. Dr. Lowery has taught in Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Fiji, and Indonesia. His particular areas of focus in the New Testament are Matthew, Mark, and Paul’s letters.
- NT103 - Intermediate Greek
- NT104 - Introduction to New Testament Exegesis
- NT113 - New Testament Introduction
- NT210 - Rapid Greek Reading
- BS1002 - New Testament Backgrounds
- NT1001 - History of New Testament
- NT1002 - New Testament Theology
- NT105 - Exegesis of Romans
- NT2010 - The Criticism and Theology of Matthew and Mark
- NT2035 - Seminar on the Apocalyptic Genre
- Bible Knowledge Key Word Study: The Gospels: John Cook Communications: 2002
- “2 Corinthians” in Bible Knowledge Key Word Study: Acts-Ephesians Cook Communications: 2006
- “Validation” in Interpreting the New Testament Crossway: 2006
- “The Lord's Day” in Evangelical Dictionary of Theology Baker: 2001
- “Matthew, Theology of” in Evangelical Dictionary of Theology Baker: 2001
- “Mark, John” in The Complete Who's Who in the Bible Marshall and Pickering: 1996
- “A Theology of Matthew” in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament Moody: 1994
- “A Theology of Mark” in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament Moody: 1994
- “A Theology of Paul's Missionary Epistles” in A Biblical Theology of the New Testament Moody: 1994
- “Evidence from Matthew” in The Case for Premillenialism Moody: 1993
- “Christ, The End of the Law in Romans 10:4” in Dispensationalism, Israel and the Church: The Search for Definition Zondervan: 1992
- “1 Corinthians” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary Scripture Press: 1983
- “2 Corinthians” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary Scripture Press: 1983
- Lowery, David K., "Becoming All Things." Moody July-August (2001). 30-34.
- Lowery, David K., "A Command to Love." Decision February (1997). 31-35.
- Lowery, David K., "The Head Covering and Lord's Supper in 1 Cor 11:2-34." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 155-163.
- Backgrounds of early Christianity
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?