Mark M. Yarbrough
Vice President for Academic Affairs, Academic Dean, Associate Professor of Bible Exposition
BS, Dallas Christian College, 1993; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1996; PhD, 2008.
Dr. Yarbrough serves as Vice President for Academic Affairs, Academic Dean, and Assistant Professor of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary. Mark oversees all Seminary activities related to academics and public representation. This includes overseeing the extension campuses (Houston, Austin, Atlanta, San Antonio, Tampa), extension initiatives (Knoxville and Washington, DC), and Online Education (English and Chinese). His undergraduate degree is from Dallas Christian College, where he was named Valedictorian and received the Delta Epsilon Chi Award. At DTS he was named Who’s Who and was an SCEC scholarship recipient. He received his Th.M. in 1996, and Ph.D. in 2008.
Mark’s twin passions for the local church and theological education have worked in tandem for over twenty years. At Centerpoint Church in Mesquite, TX, he serves on the Executive Committee of the elder board and is also part of the pastoral preaching team. He has also coauthored and recorded multiple songs/albums and enjoys leading worship. In regard to theological education, he loves the classroom and interacting with students preparing for various ministry endeavors. He has traveled extensively, leading tours and participating in international discussions on theological education—with recent consulting with the Chinese government concerning the growth of Christianity in their country. Mark also enjoys writing and has been published in various magazines (Kindred Spirit, Word and Work, and Christianity Today), and his recent book, Paul’s Utilization of Preformed Traditions in 1 Timothy, was published through T & T Clark.
He has been married for over twenty years to Jennifer, his high school sweetheart. They have four children: Kayla , Jacob, Kayci, and Joseph, and reside east of Dallas in Forney, Texas. The Yarbrough’s enjoy meeting fellow Christ-followers and have many opportunities to do so, as Mark frequently presents at conferences such as Horn Creek, Mount Hermon, Word of Life, and the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove. Although on the move and busy with four kids, they enjoy following the Cowboys, Mavericks and Rangers—and keeping things full, fun, and festive while serving the Lord.
- BE101 - Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
- BE106 - Acts and Pauline Epistles
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, and Selected Epistles
- BE210 - Advanced Bible Study Methods
- Paul's Utilization of Preformed Traditions in 1 Timothy: An Evaluation of the Apostle's Literary, Rhetorical, and Theological Tactics T & T Clark International: 2010
- Paul’s Utilization of Preformed Traditions in 1 Timothy to Combat Counter-Mission Doctrine: Ph.D. Dissertation: 2008
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“Technically Speaking . . .”." Connection, DTS Alumni Publication (2006).
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“When God Doesn’t Heal”." Christianity Today (2004).
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“Isaiah 61:1-2 and the Jubilee Theme in Luke 4:17-21”." Conference presenter at ETS (1999).
- Yarbrough, Mark M., "“A Life Well Lived” ." Word and Work (1997).
- New Testament Studies
- Old Testament Narrative
- Church Leadership
- Web-based distance education
- Educational Administration
- Hunting & Fishing
- Anything Outdoors