Elliott E. Johnson
Senior Professor of Bible Exposition
B.S., Northwestern University, 1959; Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary, 1964; Th.D., 1968.
Dr. Johnson is the founder of the Asian Theological Seminary and has taught extensively overseas, including the Philippines, Poland, the former Czechoslovakia, Romania, and Russia. He also has ministered in Austria, Brazil, England, Germany, Israel, and Scotland. Dr. Johnson joined the Seminary as afaculty member in 1972 and as a pastor of a Dallas-area church the same year. He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS).
- BE101 - Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
- BE106 - Acts and Pauline Epistles
- BE220 - Advanced Hermeneutics
- BE225 - Interpreting Progressive Revelation
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE2021 - Seminar in the Gospel and Acts
- BE205 - The Analytical Method of Bible
- BS1003 - Hermeneutics
- DM205 - Selected Topics of Biblical
- DM210 - Interpretation and Communication of Narrative Literature
- ID102 - New Testament Introduction
- Expository Hermeneutics : An Introduction: Academie Books: 1989
- “Author's Intention and Biblical Interpretation.” in Hermeneutics, Inerrancy, and the Bible Zondervan: 1984
- "Review of 'Plowshares and Pruning Hooks: Rethinking the Language of Biblical Prophecy and Apocalyptic Literature.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 162, no. 645 (2005). 119-120.
- "Review of 'The New Covenant Ministry of the Holy Spirit.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 160, no. 639 (2003). 374-375.
- "Review of 'Is There a Meaning in This Text? the Bible, the Reader, and the Morality of Literary Knowledge.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 364-366.
- "Review of 'New Horizons in Hermeneutics: The Theory and Practice of Transforming Biblical Reading.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 150 (1993). 501-502.
- "Hermeneutical Principles and the Interpretation of Psalm 110." Bibliotheca Sacra 149 (1992). 428-437.
- "Review of 'Culture and Biblical Hermeneutics: Interpreting and Applying Authoritative Word in a Relativistic Age.'" Bibliotheca Sacra 147 (1990). 495-495.
- "What I Mean by Historical-grammatical Interpretation and How That Differs from Spiritual Interpretation." Grace Theological Journal 11 (1990). 157-169.
- "Dual Authorship and the Single Intended Meaning of Scripture." Bibliotheca Sacra 143 (1986). 218-227.
- Advanced hermeneutics
- Bible study methods