Barry D. Jones
Associate Professor of Pastoral Ministries
BA, University of North Texas, 1997; ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2002; PhD, Wheaton College Graduate School, 2008.
An acute desire to train future leaders who are deeply rooted in their faith and vitally engaged in the world around them is what drew Professor Jones to the faculty of Dallas Seminary. During his time as a student at the Seminary, Professor Jones spent three years on staff with the Spiritual Formation program. Upon the completion of his Th.M., Professor Jones had the privilege of being one of the first two students in systematic theology admitted to the Ph.D. program at Wheaton College where he was the recipient of the Betty Buttress Knoedler Doctoral Fellowship. He and his wife Kimberly are the parents of two young sons, Will and Pierson. His scholarly interests include the theology and history of Christian spirituality as well as issues in spiritual formation and leadership in contemporary culture. In addition to his responsibilities at the Seminary he serves on teaching team at Irving Bible Church.
- TODD 308
- SF210 - Preparation for Leadership
- SF901 - Independent Study in Spiritual Formation
- SF905 - Special Topics in Spiritual Formation and Leadership
- SF310 - Spiritual Formation in Historical Perspective
- SF320 - Spiritual Formation and Ministry in Contemporary Culture
- SF330 - Spiritual Disciplines
- SF355 - Readings in Christian Spirituality
- PM102 - Evangelism
- Dwell: Life with God for the World: IVP Books: 2014
- History and theology of Christian spirituality
- Spiritual formation and leadership in contemporary culture