Larry J. Waters
Professor of Bible Exposition
BA, East Texas Baptist University, 1969; Graduate of Theology, Baptist Bible University, 1972; MDiv, Asian Theological Seminary, 1990; ThM, Asian Graduate School of Theology, 1992; PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1998.
Dr. Waters is presently Professor of Bible Exposition, and Lead Editor of Bibliotheca Sacra, the academic journal for DTS. Before joining the faculty of Dallas Seminary he and his wife, Mary, served as missionaries in the Philippines from 1973 to 1999. His worldwide ministry continues, primarily in the Philippines with Biblical Education by Extension World Missions. Dr. Waters and his wife enjoy time with their two daughters and sons-in-law and their five grandchildren.
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE103 - Old Testament History II and Poetry
- BE104 - Old Testament Prophets
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE107 - Hebrews, General Epistles, and Revelation
- BE106 - Acts and Pauline Epistles
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, and Selected Epistles
- BE510 - Life of Christ on Earth
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- WM101 - Introduction to World Missions
- WM215 - Dynamics of Missionary Development
- WM530 - Cross-cultural Apologetics and Worldview Evangelism
- Why, O God?: Suffering and Disability in the Bible and the Church: Crossway Books: 2011
- The Contribution of the Speeches of Elihu to the Argument About Suffering in the Book of Job: A Study in Narrative Continuity: Edwin Mellen Press: 2009
- Beyond Suffering: A Christian View on Disability Ministry: Joni & Friends: 1753
- Connecting for Christ: Overcoming Challenges Across Cultures: Lin Tan: 1753
- New Testament Story: ABWE: 1753
- Job: Asia Bible Commentary Series: Asian Theological Association & OMF: 1753
- Waters, Larry J., "Reflections on Suffering and Disability from the Book of Job." The Journal of the Christian Institute on Disability , no. 2 (2013). 37-59.
- Waters, Larry J., "The Believer's Intermediate State after Death." Biblotheca Sacra , no. 169 (2012). 282-302.
- Waters, Larry J., "Paradoxes in the Pauline Epistles." Bibliotheca Sacra , no. 167 (2010). 423-41.
- Waters, Larry J., "Missio Dei in the Book of Job." Bibliotheca Sacra , no. 166 (2009). 19-35.
- Waters, Larry J., "Elihu's Theology and His View of Suffering." Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 143-159.
- Waters, Larry J., "The Authenticity of the Elihu Speeches in Job 32-37." Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 28-41.
- Waters, Larry J., "Reflections on Suffering from the Book of Job." Bibliotheca Sacra 154 (1997). 436-451.
- Waters, Larry J., "Elihu’s Categories of Suffering from Job 32–37." Bibliotheca Sacra , no. 166 (1753). 405-20.
- Bible Exposition
- The Book of Job
- World Missions
- Missionary curriculum for mission agencies
- Art (paintings in oils)
- About DTS
- 90th Anniversary Celebration
- Chaplain Bill Retirement Celebration
- Doctrinal Statement
- Educational Model
- J. Dwight Pentecost Tribute
- Mission Statement
- Seminary Leadership
- Site Map
- Terms of Agreement
- What Makes DTS Different?