Larry J. Waters
Associate Professor of Bible Exposition
BA, East Texas Baptist University, 1969; Graduate of Theology, Baptist Bible University, 1972; MDiv, Asian Theological Seminary, 1990; ThM, Asian Graduate School of Theology, 1992; PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary, 1998.
Dr. Waters is presently Associate Professor of Bible Exposition, and also teaches for the World Missions and Intercultural Studies department. Before joining the faculty of Dallas Seminary he served as a missionary in the Philippines from 1973 to 1999. His worldwide ministry continues, primarily in the Philippines. He is the author of Bible and Missions curriculum for the Internet Biblical Seminary connected with BEE World, and a New Testament Survey for a large missionary organization. Larry also serves as a Member of the Bibliotheca Sacra Editorial Advisory Committee.
- BE102 - Old Testament History I
- BE103 - Old Testament History II and Poetry
- BE104 - Old Testament Prophets
- BE105 - The Gospels
- BE107 - Hebrews, General Epistles, and Revelation
- BE106 - Acts and Pauline Epistles
- BE109 - Ruth, Psalms, Jonah, and Selected Epistles
- BE510 - Life of Christ on Earth
- DM103 - The Applied Research Project
- WM101 - Introduction to World Missions
- WM215 - Dynamics of Missionary Development
- WM530 - Cross-cultural Apologetics and Worldview Evangelism
- Why, O God?: Suffering and Disability in the Bible and the Church: Crossway Books: 2011
- The Contribution of the Speeches of Elihu to the Argument About Suffering in the Book of Job: A Study in Narrative Continuity: Edwin Mellen Press: 2009
- Beyond Suffering: A Christian View on Disability Ministry: Joni & Friends: 1753
- Connecting for Christ: Overcoming Challenges Across Cultures: Lin Tan: 1753
- New Testament Story: ABWE: 1753
- Job: Asia Bible Commentary Series: Asian Theological Association & OMF: 1753
- Waters, Larry J., "Paradoxes in the Pauline Epistles." Bibliotheca Sacra , no. 167 (2010). 423-41.
- Waters, Larry J., "Missio Dei in the Book of Job." Bibliotheca Sacra , no. 166 (2009). 19-35.
- Waters, Larry J., "Elihu's Theology and His View of Suffering." Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 143-159.
- Waters, Larry J., "The Authenticity of the Elihu Speeches in Job 32-37." Bibliotheca Sacra 156 (1999). 28-41.
- Waters, Larry J., "Reflections on Suffering from the Book of Job." Bibliotheca Sacra 154 (1997). 436-451.
- Waters, Larry J., "Elihu’s Categories of Suffering from Job 32–37." Bibliotheca Sacra , no. 166 (1753). 405-20.
- Bible Exposition
- The Book of Job
- World Missions
- Missionary curriculum for mission agencies
- Art (paintings in oils)