Adjunct Professor in World Missions and Intercultural Studies
BA, Kansai University, 1975; MA, University of North Texas, 1994; PhD, University of Texas–Arlington, 1999.
A native of Japan, Shigeko Hironaga was introduced to Christ through the English-instruction ministry of a church in Osaka. Since then, she has gained more than 30 years of experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL). After 14 years of teaching in Japan, she moved to Dallas in 1991. Dr. Hironaga founded the East Dallas Language Center and joined the DTS faculty in 1996. She holds an M.A. in TESOL and Ph.D. in Linguistics. She and her husband, Martin (Th.M., 1994), live in Garland, Texas, and have two daughters and two sons.
- WM605 - General Linguistics
- WM610 - Introduction to TESOL
- WM615 - TESOL
- SL205 - TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Internship
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)
- Intercultural communication