Servant Leadership Courses Offered
DTS offers a Master of Arts Degree in Christian Leadership (MA/CL) that has quickly become one of our fastest growing programs. We invite and encourage you to either audit or take these courses for credit each semester.
This fall we will be offering the following courses at our various sites.
Dallas (Dallas courses are taught by George Hillman and Aubrey Malphurs)
• Dynamics of Leadership - This course is an analysis of the qualities and practices of the effective Christian leader based on principles in Scripture and related literature, with attention to devising a personal philosophy of spiritual leadership.
• Christian Leadership and Organizational Culture - This course is designed to help ministry leaders understand why organizational culture matters in ministry and how to create, discover, and form or transform their organizational culture.
• Strategic Planning - This course is designed to train ministry leaders to plan strategically. Attention is given to the four-fold process of developing a ministry organization’s mission and vision, discovering its core values, and designing a strategy to accomplish the mission and vision.
• Team Leadership – This course is a study of principles and procedures that relate to leadership in a team environment. This course will focus on the essential elements necessary for effective ministry leadership teams in church and parachurch settings.
• Personal Assessment and Ministry Vision – This course is designed to assess and define a person’s ministry strengths and weaknesses and to develop leadership and interpersonal skills for more effective ministry, for the purpose of building confidence in future ministry decisions and developing vision.
• Change and Resistance in Leadership – This course is a study of change and conflict in the context of Christian ministry. Increased understanding and skill development in change agency, conflict resolution/ management, and handling of criticism are intended outcomes for each student.
• Team Leadership – This course is a study of principles and procedures that relate to leadership in a team environment. This course will focus on the essential elements necessary for effective teamwork on ministry leadership teams in church and parachurch settings.
- Placement Office
- Continuing Enrichment
- Ministry Directory